Thursday, October 18, 2007

Calimochas

My last post made me think of the last time I had Yellow Tail. I had got a free bottle from a wine training seminar. It was the Shiraz-Grenache blend (which, like the pinot noir, actually isn't half bad). I used it to make Calimochas. Now, as I understand it, calimochas are a popular drink in Spain with students. It's like a super poor mans sangria. You mix equal parts red wine and coca-cola. That's it. It's pretty nice on a hotter day when you want a chilled beverage but don't want white wine/beer/booze. Great use for cheap wine and would be pretty good for lubricating the masses at your next Spanish party. Because you know you want to throw one. Give in...

1 comment:

Gang Bang said...

Calimochas RULES!!!! lol
Nice post.
Greetings from México City.